The Greater Norwich Local Plan (GNLP) is being produced by Broadland District Council, Norwich City Council and South Norfolk Council working together with Norfolk County Council through the Greater Norwich Development Partnership (GNDP).

We aim to produce a plan which will help to meet local housing and economic growth needs, whilst also protecting and enhancing the environment. This involves a number of stages of consultation.

We are currently at stage B of the “Regulation 18” phase, the New, Revised and Small Sites consultation.  This consultation will run from 9am on Monday 29th October to 5pm on Friday 14th December 2018 and we are asking for your views on these sites. 

This Consultation has now closed.

Have your say on the new sites

1. Site Proposals Addendum

The GNLP can only succeed if the views of the public, developers, services and infrastructure providers are understood.  We would like your views on the new, revised and small sites. When commenting on new sites, you can also tell us if you have anything more to say about nearby sites consulted on in early 2018. You will need to include the site reference for the earlier site in your comments on the new site.

Follow the link below to find the parish/town you are interested in. This will provide you with a map of each site, a written summary about the sites in each parish or town and the opportunity to submit your comments.

Comment on sites

2. Housing and Economic Land Availability Assessment (HELAA) addendum

To help you make your comments, the Housing and Economic Land Availability Assessment (HELAA) addendum, available here has more detailed summaries for the new and revised sites. The small sites are not included in the HELAA as they are below the site size threshold set in the methodology. Due to their size the small sites are not proposed to be allocated individually in the plan. Instead we will consider whether there is scope to extend/alter settlements to incorporate land which is well related to the settlement to allow for smaller scale development to come forward.

View the Evidence base online.

3. Site Proposals Maps

Sites promoted for development are illustrated in map booklets for each parish. These show the new, revised and small sites in addition to all the sites previously consulted on and committed sites (those which are already allocated or have planning permission). Maps are only available below for parishes where new, revised, or small sites have been submitted.


Broadland/South Norfolk


South Norfolk

Once comments have been checked and verified they will be available online (with respondents’ names) for others to see

Any representations which are deemed to contain offensive comments will be removed from the consultation site. Whilst we will include names on our website, we will remove personal contact details such as addresses, telephone numbers, emails and signatures before publishing.

If you wish to comment and for your comments to be seen online, but feel you have a strong reason for your identity to be withheld from publication, you can contact your District Councillor who will put forward your comments as appropriate.  Please note that where you submit your views in writing to your local District Councillor, this is described as “lobbying” and the local member will be obliged to pass these on. The local District Councillor will be required to provide your details to the GNLP where they will be stored for their records.

Please note, however, that if you subsequently wish to comment as part of the formal Regulation 19 stage of the Greater Norwich Local Plan (due to take place in 2020) comments must be attributable for the public examination by the Planning Inspectorate.

See our Privacy notice here for information on how we manage your personal information.

The quickest and easiest way of responding to the consultation is online. However, if you can’t respond online, or wish for your comments to not be published, please email your comments, stating this, to or phone 01603 306603 for a response form. You can also email or phone us if you need consultation information in large print, audio, Braille, an alternative format or a different language, or if you have any further questions about the ways to comment.